Due to the limited number of conservatives on Newsvine, we are demanding affirmative action to assure more equal outcomes:
1. Conservatives should be able to collapse a comment with only three negative votes
2. The Conservative "Community" should be able to remove a seed/article with only
5 2 votes
3. Any Conservative thread that receives more than 50 comments should automatically have the number of votes for the thread tripled. The left comments on conservative articles, but will not vote for them. In order to make conservatives competitive on the Leaderboard, this affirmative action to adjust the vote numbers is needed.
4. The current enforcement of the ban/suspension policy disproportionately affects conservatives. In order to produce parity, 9 lefties need to be suspended or banned for every one conservative.
5. Staff might want to consider that referring to a Newsviner as a 'right wing nut job' or a 'bagger' is not within the Code of Honor.
6. Commenting negatively on the seeder/author instead of the content of the thread is grounds for suspension.
7. Newsvine should appoint a conservative ombudsman to monitor the efforts to improve parity.